The Sunday morning instructional ministry of Faith takes place from 9:30am to 10:30am, during the fall and spring. At 9:30, we begin with brief singing and announcements in the sanctuary, and then our children are escorted to their classes by their teachers. Class instruction is set to last for around 45 minutes.
Children and Youth
Parents, our educational curriculum comes from Children Desiring God. This curriculum traces the story of redemption throughout the entire Bible, both Old and New Testaments, by looking at the work of God (alone) in salvation through His Son (alone) . You can view the scope and sequence for our Preschool through 6th grade.
Parents, as you think about family devotions, we recommend that you take advantage of helpful aids like the First Catechism (for younger children) and the Westminster Shorter Catechism (for older children, youth and high school). The Shorter Catechism is not only the core of our jr. high instruction, but our elders also use it as a guide for House to House ministry devotions.
For more information about our childhood Sunday school, you can email: children (at) faithanchorage (dot) org.
- Nursery (through 3 years old): Nursery is provided for these children downstairs in the large room at the south side of the building. Monique Gardner and others share stories with the littlest children as the 3 year olds work on their workbooks.
- Pre-K – kindergarten (3-5 year olds): Sharing space next to the nursery, the 3-5 year olds study the Old Testament using He Established a Testimony. Each student has a workbook. At a certain point in the lesson, the 3 year olds return to the nursery area to work on their notebooks. Sarah Freswick teaches these children.
- 1st through 3rd grades: These children meet downstairs in the large room at the south side of the building and study the gifts and benefits that Christians receive from God using Faithful to All His Promises.
- 4th through 6th grades: These children meet downstairs in the large room at the south side of the building and study the character of God using How Majestic is Your Name.
- Jr. High: These students meet upstairs in the classroom just right of the main entrance. Our Jr. High students study the 107 questions and answers of the Westminster Shorter Catechism. These students are taught by Jay Gardner.
High School and adults
- An Introduction to Faith: Led by John Jones, this is an opportunity to consider four questions that help summarize the life of Faith PCA within the larger realm of the Protestant church. The questions that will guide our discussion are: What is the church? What is a Christian? What is the Faith? What is the Kingdom of God?
- Paul’s Letters: Led by Bill March, this class is an investigation of the historical background of each of Paul’s letters. In addition, time will be devoted to considering the specific setting, outline, and theme of each of these letters.